Thursday, September 25, 2014

Updates, Plugs, Smash 4 3DS Thoughts, 5 Year Red Squirtle Milestone, and MOAR!

Hello, folks!  PAPAYA here, back with another post!  I should be studying for exams right now, but procrastination is hitting me real hard tonight.  We would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding.  With that, let's begin!

More FireGold episodes are on the way!  We were able to record some episodes back in August before college began again.  My goal is to have Episode 21 released before the end of September!

Have you been listening to our new podcast, GoldCast?  If you haven't, you've missed out on hearing our thoughts on the Generation 6 games and our anticipation for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!  Episodes 1 and 3, respectively, are available on iTunes, PodOmatic, and our YouTube channel!  We may be recording more GoldCast episodes once Smash Bros 4 and the Gen 3 remakes are released.  I'd love to have us all give our thoughts on those upcoming games upon release.

Speaking of Smash Bros 4, WOW!  I am blown away with how smooth the fighting is on the 3DS demo!  If it's this good on a little game card like that, it looks like we are in for a doozy on October 3rd.  It's just a shame that I have to wait till then to fight as PACMAN.  Seriously, Nintendo, WTF?  I've played as Rockman plenty of times on Mahhvel vs. Capcom so I can wait to play as him in Smash!  Yes, this complaint will be void in less than two weeks.  I know.  Still, though.  PACMAN!

As I type this out, it's 12:52 am on September 25, 2014.  Does anyone know the significance behind this day?  Anyone?  NO?  Well, it's the FIVE year anniversary of Red Squirtle!  As someone who's been listening to them since October 2009, it's absolutely mind-blowing to think that they've been on the interwebs for that long.  Largely because of this podcast, Draftmaster and I became really good friends in the latter years of high school.  Heck, it's the main reason why he and I created FireGold back in 2011!  For this, I personally thank the guys at Red Squirtle for their ongoing series.  Your series has had such a positive impact on my life.  It has been a tremendous ride all these years listening to the podcast.  Here's to many more episodes in the future.  Let's all celebrate Red Squirtle on this day!

That about wraps it up for now!  Until next time, you all take care!

-PAPAYA

No comments:

Post a Comment